"Don’t Tell Mother is my interpretation of my alternative reality, the other life I live on evenings after work, on quiet Saturdays, on holidays; on those days where life is easy and the bohemian side of me takes over.
Music should tell stories so I shared a few of my experiments and experiences and mixed them with a reasonable dose of fantasy. The sound is an airy exploration of love, sex, alcohol and drugs and it’s my first music project. I actually worked on Don’t Tell Mother in just one crazy weekend, with just enough alcohol in my bottle of water to get me going. If the sounds seem a bit familiar, I was inspired by the pioneers of alternative RnB music, namely The Weeknd and Frank Ocean. Two of my beats were actually culled from the AllXLegends tape by @illangelo, The Weeknd’s producer.
The project wouldn’t have been successful if not for other experienced artists that were able to squeeze out something grand from all my musical naivety. I worked on the craziest beats from @Cikk0 and in the studio, @tintinandTins was able to deliver the sounds I had in mind. There’s also a really awesome digital booklet which my favourite graffiti artist, @OsizUrUnkle tastefully designed. I call my team The ISIX – I think it has a super cool ring to it.
Don’t Tell Mother is for the urban hippie."
My Song: Download
Iron Maiden: Download
Download the Don't Tell Mother Mixtape

0 comments:
Post a Comment